WILSONART® DECORATIVE METALS WARRANTY
Wilsonart LLC warrants that, under normal use and service, the material and workmanship of its Wilsonart® Decorative Metals shall conform to the applicable supplier or industry standards set out below, or to the standards set forth on the applicable technical data sheets for a period of one (1) year from the date of sale to the first consumer purchaser. Dealers and distributors are provided with the technical data sheets which contain specific standards of performance for the products. In the event that a Decorative Metal product does not perform as warranted, the first consumer purchaser’s sole remedy shall be limited to repair or replacement of all or any part of the product which is defective, at the manufacturer’s sole discretion. In no instance shall the replacement cost exceed the original purchase price paid by the consumer purchaser for the Decorative Metals product. This warranty applies only to product:
- In its original installation; and
- Purchased by the first consumer purchaser.
This warranty is not transferable, does not cover horizontal applications and expires upon resale or transfer by the purchaser.
This warranty shall not apply to defects or damage arising from any of the following:
- Accidents, abrasion, physical impact, abuse or misuse;
- Exposure to extreme temperature, corrosive atmospheres or precipitants;
- Improper fabrication, installation or maintenance; or
- Any damage due to delivery or after delivery of the product to the purchaser.
- Horizontal applications.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WILSONART LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE PURCHASE, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. NO FABRICATOR, INSTALLER, DEALER, AGENT OR EMPLOYEE OF WILSONART LLC HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MODIFY THE OBLIGATIONS OR LIMITATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state; therefore, some of the limitations stated above may not apply to you. It is to your benefit to save your documentation upon purchase of a product.
Supplier or Industry Standards for Decorative Metals for visual surface defects are as follows:
- Visual Surface Defects – means spots, indents, stains, scratches, orange peel and/or sheet flatness. These defects must not be easily detected when inspected using established viewing conditions.
- Established viewing conditions shall be from a distance of 6.6 feet with an indirect illumination intensity of 400 lux. The viewing area is 4 square feet.
- Visual surface defects are measured according to T.A.P.P.I. Dirt Charts T-213 and T- 437. A visual defect means spots, indents, etc. that are no larger than .77mm(2) within 4 square feet, or 2 defects no larger than .34mm(2) within 4 square feet. Further the visual defect should be at least 12” apart.